Saturday, January 14, 2017

BlogPost 2



Why teach has been a question that I have been asked many times. First when I was in highschool,  I knew I wanted to be a teacher, but didn’t have an answer for why. Now that I am on my way to becoming one, I have a better answer. Having working with them all my life, it seem like a good idea to give back what someone had done for me. To others, it was like I chose to go insane. Why would I ever want to deal with the drama of teenagers when it doesn’t pay well? Pay isn’t a major question for me when it came to choosing a career. Trying to help others is my goal. I’m not saying I’m a saint, and helping people is the wind beneath my wings. I’m saying having someone believe in you and work toward your success can have a huge effect on someone. Same as Mr. Gatto fighting for Milagros to be placed in a class of her proper skill level in The Green Monongahela, I had teacher fight for me to make sure I learn the material I struggled with. I use to sit in classrooms and pretend to read because I had a hard time comprehending the material. It took a teacher realizing I was not comprehending class reading for me to be diagnosed with dyslexia. I did not understand why a teacher would taking extra time to make sure I had the support and tools needed to get understand the material when I was one student out of a whole class. Having so many teachers, who were strangers to me every year, work as hard as they did to make sure I have received the proper methods of teaching for my brain inspired me. This is why I have chosen to be a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment